Monday, April 11, 2011

Chapter 29 (Monday) and Chapter 30 (Tuesday)

29:

Job is looking back on the "good old days," isn't he?
If only things could be like the were before.....
If only God was my friend like in the olden days.....
If only I could have my old life back....

I think we can all relate a little to Job in this chapter. How about you?

30:

The reverse of Chapter 29.
Job says, "But now everything is awful. My old life is a distant memory."

Question for Reflection:
-Where do you see yourself in the book of Job? As Job? As a friend? As Job's wife? As a distant observer?

1 comment:

  1. Of course we can all relate to looking back and wishing "things were as they used to be." I don't think humans are wired to like change, but it keeps coming. And we all have valleys in our lives. They seem very much like Job's valley. All is lost, all is hopeless. I see myself as Job. I too have been in these valleys, or what was your word on Sunday, Emily? Tunnels or tubes? Job is in one big time. MDT are you still with us? I miss your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete