Thursday, April 7, 2011

26 (Thursday) and 27 (Friday)

Job is speaking in these two chapters. 

26:
-Job says some awesome things about God's power and might.  Interesting.

27:
-I think verses 1-6 are fascinating.  Job is saying, "Even though I've been a good man and I have no idea what God is doing, I'm going to maintain my integrity."  I found verses 13-23 disturbing!  How about you?  Is Job describing that terrible things happen to wicked people?  Hasn't he spent the whole rest of the book talking about how good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people - and there's never a rhyme or a reason?  Why is he now saying that terrible things happen to terrible people?

1 comment:

  1. Ch 26 does speak to God's powers and might.

    Ch 27 I agreee Emily, He starts out saying that God has been doing terriable things to him, but he is still going to "hold fast to my righteousness". And then he changes his whole story saying that bad happens to bad. A whole about face from the rest of the book so far.

    ReplyDelete